- corporations that are evil!
- previous idea, but it's ultimately headed by a quirky, devil may care iconoclast that had NO idea it had lost it's way.
- ridiculously hot chicks who actually go for the ridiculously hot guy, and not the plucky upstart who's physically HORRIFYING yet has a heart of gold and quirky outlook on life. Realism goes a long way for me.
- drunks Scots with real salt of the earth wisdom.
- when there are asians in a ensemble cast, but they aren't women, and they aren't married to a white guy. So, basically, Sulu.
- unsassy black women.
- eco-unfriendly, American made, dangerously overpowered muscle cars from the 70's.
- Gil Gerard.
- a steady goddamn camera when filming a fight scene.
- a catchy hook.
- rap reminiscent of the 80's breakdancing movement.
- the tragically uptight antagonist finding true love.
- the obligatory 'lock and load' scene where the heroes load up on really fricking awesome weapons. Preferably out of the back of a combat-modified Cadillac.
- highly organized, professional, and not really THAT evil bad guys.
- over the top sound-effects for large hand guns.
- any of the three Old Chinese Guys they've been using since 1983.
- action scenes set to AC/DC.
- Will Smith's fashion sense.
- riotously expensive cars being raced through cramped, cobbled European streets.
- space ships.
- grizzled veterans with drinking problems that show the hero what they need to do to win.
- armor plating.
- once revered actors who you can tell are doing the movie just for the paycheque.
- creative profanity.
- plucky upstarts who fight the system and show that hooker with a heart of gold the real meaning of Christmas.
- lines that are totally not witty at all but end up being so because of the actor's timing or inflection.
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
Things I like every time they are included in popular entertainment
Again, metamonk's idea. He's like a goddamn Idea Factory powered by an Innovation Engine trapped within an Creativity Field existing in the Novelty Dimension.